Hey, Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO! Let’s kick off this Wednesday with everything you need to know about what’s happening today in Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Sometimes rain in the morning. High: 52 Low: 45.
Here are the top three stories in Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO today:
- Meet Jim Cornell and Leslie Marshall, arguably one of the most successful real estate duos in the Brooklyn luxury market, with extensive experience closing sales in the Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO areas, as well as other parts of Brownstone Brooklyn. They come to the profession with unusual backgrounds – as a former public defender and technical writer respectively. (RisMedia.com)
- Affordable Housing Lottery launched for 185 units at 90 Sands Street in DUMBO–the former location of a Jehovah’s Witness hotel. (New YorkYIMBY)
- A new theater in Gowanus, Super Secret Arts, has just opened with an innovative new model. Take inspiration from streaming services, rather than buying tickets for a specific show, customers buy a $25 monthly pass that gives them access to the entire catalog of shows. (Brooklyn Paper)
From our sponsor:
Where should you invest as a Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO resident with a nest egg of $149,000? Thanks to a change in the legal code, there is a new investment that residents of Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO need to know about. In fact, Bloomberg asked the experts where they would invest $100,000 right now and many of them picked it.
It may surprise you, but it’s art.
Growing your nest egg with art is nothing new. Wealthy families like the Rockefellers have done for centuries.
- Low correlation with equities according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically yields 23.2% when inflation is > 3%
- Contemporary art prices outperformed the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
Translation: Art could be one of the best investments for uncertain times.
Lucky for you, we found Masterworks. This revolutionary platform allows you to invest in the art of Warhol, Monet, Picasso without spending millions.
The best part? Anyone in your area can bypass their waitlist*.
*See Important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO:
- Community Council 2 Health, Environment and Social Services Committee monthly meeting, online via Zoom (6 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The Gowanus Caring Network is back and looking for volunteers to bring fresh food to NYCHA residents. (Twitter)
- Here is the link to apply for affordable housing at DUMBO. (Twitter)
- Animal Care Centers of NYC is hosting a mobile adoption pop-up event this Sunday in Brooklyn Bridge Park. (Parents of the Brooklyn Bridge)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Please donate %k AF$! (A comedy show to benefit WIN “Women In Need”) (April 7)
- Greene Hill College Virtual Tour (April 8)
- Live music with The Hell Or High Water Band (April 8)
- Open House April 9 for BASIS Independent Brooklyn Lower School (April 9)
- We refuse to let the United States Supreme Court deny the humanity of women and decimate their rights! (April 9)
- The Quaking of America Book Signing Event (April 12)
- Add your event
Do you like the Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Wednesday on the right foot! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update.
— Dashiell Allen