Senior Manager – Commercial Real Estate Auditor
Level: Senior Manager As a Business Review Appraiser, you will be responsible for examining a variety of property types (including multi-family buildings, land, industrial premises, offices, mixed-use, shopping malls , shopping malls, hotels, assisted living / nursing / healthcare, special use, etc.). Extensive current geographic experience is preferred as the projects are located across the United States. You will engage third party vendors to prepare appraisal reports on real estate offered as collateral for various loan transaction requests. You will also be responsible for reviewing and analyzing reports upon receipt of compliance with federal and state regulations, including FIRREA, and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and the reasonableness of the value conclusion. (including internal modification of the external value finding if necessary). You will have to deal with moderate to complex missions; diverse tasks and coordination of related assignments are typical. Excellent judgment and independent decision making are required for moderately complex problems. Thorough knowledge of appraisal theory and experience using all three approaches to real estate market value (familiarity with appraisal issues such as LIHTC, allowances and exemptions, favorable financing, variable interest) is required to succeed in this role. Current experience in appraising and reviewing various types of properties is required.
– The business review assessor will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing reports upon receipt to verify compliance with federal and state regulations, including FIRREA, and the Uniform Standards of Professional Assessment Practice and Reasonableness conclusion of the value (including internal modification of the conclusion of the external value if necessary).
– Have a thorough knowledge of FIRREA, interagency guidelines and uniform standards of professional assessment practice and the ability to apply them
– Familiar with the major trends in the local residential (individual and collective housing), agricultural, industrial and commercial real estate markets, through experience, personal contacts and analysis of available market data, applying this market knowledge to the interpretation of the accuracy of real estate appraisal reports. Must also be aware of any local and / or state ordinances and zoning restrictions that may affect property values.
– Bachelor’s degree or military experience
– General Real Estate Expert State Graduate
– MAY designation
– At least 2 years of experience with ARGUS and RIMS
– At least 3 years of experience in the appraisal industry or as a review assessor for a financial institution (e.g. debt fund, bank, etc.)
– At least 2 years of experience as a strategic thinking partner with a forward-looking mindset related to the commercial real estate industry
– At least 1 year of experience evaluating and reviewing various types of properties
– Possess excellent customer service and communication skills to communicate effectively between bank underwriters and appraiser providers
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep stakeholders informed
– Ability to recognize issues that should be reported within the chain of command and to do so proactively
– Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills
– Ability to be a highly motivated and productive team player
At this time, Capital One will not be sponsoring a new Employment Authorization seeker for this position.
No agency please. Capital One is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background investigations, including, to the extent applicable, Section 23-A of the Corrections Act. from New York ; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; the Philadelphia Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to criminal background investigations.
If you have visited our website for information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position and require accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or by email to [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be used to the extent necessary to provide reasonable accommodation necessary.
For technical assistance or questions on the Capital One recruiting process, please email [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse, warrant or be responsible for any third party products, services, educational tools or other information available on this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the UK is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who we are
At Capital One, we are building a leading information technology company. Still led by Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One’s mission is to help our clients succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to the bank. We measure our efforts by the success of our clients and the advocacy they demonstrate. We are successful because they are successful.
Guided by our common values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe innovation is fueled by perspective and that teamwork and mutual respect lead to superior results. We elevate each other and are obsessed with doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility to help our clients achieve their goals and fulfill their dreams. Together, we seek to change banking for good.