The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program offers foreign investors a way to obtain a green card by investing in a real estate project or regional center.
There are several ways to obtain a green card, which allows an individual to live and work permanently in the United States. One of them is to invest in real estate.
The government offers two programs for foreign investors who wish to obtain a green card through a real estate investment: the EB-5 Immigrant Investor program and the EB-5 Regional Center program.
The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program requires a foreign national to invest $1 million (or $800,000 in certain targeted employment areas) in a new business venture that creates at least 10 full-time jobs for American workers.
The EB-5 Regional Centers Program is similar to the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, but allows a foreign national to invest in a pre-approved Regional Center instead of a specific business venture. There are several advantages to investing in a regional centre, in particular the possibility of pooling investments and the potential for indirect job creation.
If you want to get a green card through a real estate investment, you will need to follow a few steps:
1. Choose an EB-5 program that best suits your needs and goals.
2. Make the required investment.
3. Create or invest in a new business venture or regional center.
4. Create at least 10 full-time jobs for American workers.
5. Obtain an EB-5 visa and a green card.
6. Maintain your investment and job creation for at least two years.
7. After two years, you may be able to apply for permanent residence in the United States.
Minimum investment required to obtain a green card through the EB-5
The United States offers a number of programs through which foreign investors can obtain a green card or permanent residency. One such program is the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, which requires a minimum investment of $1 million (or $800,000 in certain designated areas).
To qualify for the EB-5 program, an investor must demonstrate that their investment will create at least 10 full-time jobs for American workers. If the investor meets this criteria, they will be issued a green card, which will allow them to live and work permanently in the United States.
Make sure you do your research properly, hire a professional, and buy the right investment property in the United States to be eligible for EB-5 and get your green card.
Steps to Obtain Green Card through EB-5
1. Invest at least $1M in a real estate project or $800,000 in a regional center.
2. Create 10 full-time jobs for at least ten American workers.
3. File for I-829 to remove the conditions on their green card after about a year.
Once you meet all the requirements and your application is approved, you will receive a green card or permanent residency in the United States.
Requirements for a Business Under EB-5 to Obtain a Green Card
In order to obtain a green card through EB-5, you must meet the requirements for owning a business. These requirements include:
1. Invest at least $1.8 million in a new business venture.
2. Create or maintain at least 10 full-time jobs for skilled American workers.
3. Show that the investment will benefit the US economy or create jobs for US workers.
4. Own at least 51% of the business.
5. Be involved in the daily operations of the business.
If you are able to meet all of these requirements, you may be eligible to obtain a green card through a new business venture. Real estate investments in the United States can also help you qualify for EB5 and obtain the green card.
What are the risks of obtaining a green card through EB5?
There are some risks in getting a green card through EB5. These include:
1. The risk that the business will not succeed and you will lose your investment and be forced to return to your country.
2. The risk that the government will change its immigration policies, which could impact your ability to keep your business or obtain a green card.
3. The risk that you will not be able to meet the requirements to own a business, which could lead to your application being refused.
Despite these risks, many people still choose to apply for a green card through EB5 because it offers a pathway to permanent residency in the United States. If you are considering this option, it is important to speak with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss your specific situation and ensure you are aware of all of the risks involved.
The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program offers foreign investors a way to obtain a green card by investing in a real estate project or regional center. To qualify, strictly follow the above steps and you will soon get your green card! Always seek professional help such as a lawyer and real estate agent to facilitate your investment and green card processing.